Low-Cost Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP)
***Due to overwhelming demand for our $20 SNAP certificates, SNSI has issued as many certificates this spring as our quota allows. We will reopen the SNAP program on June 1 and will issue a limited number of SNAP certificates each month.
In the meantime, we will do our best to assist you in finding other low-cost spay/neuter options to help get them fixed. Click here to see spay/neuter specials around the state and follow us on Facebook, where we post spay/neuter specials as we learn about them. If you live in the city of Marion please email us at info@GetThemFixed.org or call us at (317) 767-7771 for assistance options.***
Limited income pet owners pay $20 per surgery in SNSI’s statewide network after meeting eligibility requirements.
The Spay-Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) targets Indiana residents with:
- Household income at or below 200% of Federal Poverty guidelines (see list of Qualifying Programs below)
- Indiana residents that have been accepted in certain needs-based public assistance programs (see table of Qualifying Household Income brackets below)
- Energy Assistance Program
- Food Stamps
- Major VA Disability
- Medicaid (not Medicare)
- Public School Free Lunch Program
- Section 8 Housing
- Social Security Disability (SSD) – (not S-S-Retirement Income)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
|Household Size||Gross Annual Income||Monthly||Weekly|
|For each additional person||add $8,040||$670||$168|
Do you need transportation?
SNSI has volunteers willing to help transport you to your surgery appointment. This is for those with no other means for getting to vet location.